Job Description: BARBACK
Reports to: BAR MANAGER AND DUTY MANAGER
Purpose of Position:
To make sure that the bar is able to run efficiently, is properly stocked and is always perfectly presentable; our bar backs don’t need to be told or asked to get something; they are constantly aware of what is needed on the bar and will restock before a bartender has time to run out.
The ultimate goal of all employees is to deliver excellent customer service, creating a unique experience for the customer which makes them want to return; you should be positive, loyal and a proud ambassador of the Bounce brand.
Core Non-Negotiable Skills and Experience:
- Able to cope in a pressurised environment
- Demonstrate the ability to work systematically
- Good basic spoken English
- Good energy and stamina
- Always approach customers with a smile and help to create a great atmosphere.
- Exceed our customers’ expectations by delivering service in a professional, knowledgeable and accommodating way.
- Remain calm, patient and polite if receiving customer feedback.
- Are confident, self-motivated and demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business.
- Are friendly, professional, honest, reliable and trustworthy.
- Have good working relationships with everyone they come into contact with at work, behaving in a friendly, courteous and professional way.
- Bring a positive attitude to work, co-operating closely with team members and other departments to ensure that Bounce is the best it can be.
- Set a great example to new employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report for duty punctually for every shift, in complete, clean uniform and sign in with their line manager.
- To have a good knowledge and understanding of all food and drink menus and an in-depth knowledge of those for your department to ensure the best service for the customer.
- To prepare the bar for service following the established checklists for your role and as directed by the Duty Manager; make sure that everything is complete before service starts and inform Duty Manager if anything needs attention.
- To communicate with the Duty Manager regarding any problems or issues with equipment, stock or with customers.
- To serve food and drink, consistently achieving the established agreed standards of service.
- To ensure that a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained by following cleaning schedules and ongoing diligence during the shift and in set up and clean down.
- To observe the Company’s rules and procedures and carry out any reasonable request made by their Manager, Supervisor or the Duty Manager.
- To be aware of your responsibilities in respect of Health and Safety at Work and they follow all procedures in this respect and report to management any hazardous situation or accident.
- To attend training sessions and team meetings as required and to be involved and contribute to these.
The Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to add to your duties, or amend this job
description at any time. In addition to the above duties you will carry out such other duties as the
Company reasonably directs from time to time.
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for the service sector. We currently have over 700 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, North America, South East Asia, Africa and Australia. To view other great opportunities please check out our website at www.corecruitment.com or call us on +44 207 790 2666 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
We give away fantastic prizes... every month!