Food Costing Coordinator- Catering business- West London- £23k
What the role is:
This is a challenging role, ideal for somebody with good basic food knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a flexible approach to working hours and used to meeting deadlines. Whilst the role is predominantly office based, you will be required to work with chefs, buyers, and the operational business teams to ensure accurate menu specifications and food costs detail is issued in a timely manner.
What you’ll be doing will include:
- To collate, review, and enter full menu recipe detail into the company data base
- To produce full detailed menu specifications including photography of selected product, component weights, and selecting correct equipment items
- To produce accurate food costs for all meals using the company data base, product knowledge and information provided by chefs, menu grids or by accessing airline dedicated websites
- To attend menu development workshops
- Support unit teams on a day to day basis using airline account expertise and system knowledge to investigate/resolve queries whilst maintaining accurate data in line with agreements
- Support the unit before and during menu changes; including attendance at start up meetings and assisting with product/specification queries
What you’ll have will include:
- A good understanding of food and food production methods
- Possesses a high level of analytical and numerical skills, including attention to detail and accuracy, must be methodical, and logical in their approach to work
- Possess commercial awareness and understanding of pricing policies including food cost and labour values
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and written
Interested in this role? If so, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please connect with me on LinkedIn so we can keep in touch!
Please check our website for all live roles www.corecruitment.com
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for the service sector. We currently have over 700 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, North America, South East Asia, Africa and Australia. To view other great opportunities please check out our website at www.corecruitment.com or call us on +44 207 790 2666 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
We give away fantastic prizes... every month!