Role: Head Chef – Italian Restaurant
Salary: £50,000 tax free
The Head Chef will work within the vision and mission of our client’s Italian restaurant. This position coordinates the activities of restaurant personnel as direct provide support to the General Manager and Corporate Executive Chef.
- Responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave the kitchen
- Menu planning including festive menu and suggest pricing to achieve the yearly financial budget
- Monitor food cost and BOH labor cost
- Being the interface role responsible for the Corporate Brand Executive Chef’s directions and vision
- Provide leadership to the BOH team
- To ensure that all menus are correctly calculated to ensure maximum gross profit
- Responsible for product selection for the use of menu
- Ensure all dishes prepared are to company specification.
- Coordinate with the FOH management team to make sure all food is presented for service in a timely manner and in correct sequence
- Implement and ensure the company Health & Safety Policy is met at all times.
- Coordinating the entire kitchen during scheduled shift
- Making sure all kitchen equipment work properly. Identify any repairmen need and report to appropriate personnel.
- Guide and monitor all departmental chefs to prepare food for service appropriate to sales levels
- Ensure the kitchen runs smoothly on a daily basis.
- Provide leadership and direction to kitchen team regarding operational and procedure issue.
- Be creative and encourage the creativeness of the team
- Leads by example, setting the pace and standards.
- Pro-active in problem solving.
- Direct hiring, supervision, development and when necessary, termination of employees (BOH).
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve food to specification and therefore achieve sales and profits.
- Identify training needs and deliver training to drive motivation and skill level of chefs
Interested in this challenge? Send your CV to William and click apply.
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for the service sector. We currently have over 700 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, North America, South East Asia, Africa and Australia. To view other great opportunities please check out our website at www.corecruitment.com or call us on +44 207 790 2666 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
We give away fantastic prizes... every month!