News & Events
- Written by Craig Prentice
Human Resources Manager/Talent Manager
Available from September 2017
£55-65k basic plus package
- CIPD qualified, strong in-depth generalist HR experience
- “Hands on” trouble-shooter with great systems exposure
- Specialist in attraction, development and retention of talent, in-house recruitment, internal communications
- Interrogates, processes, procedures and implements change
- Impressive high-end luxury background; Corporate exposure set up policies procedures, multi-property HR teams and training from new
- Terrific industry recognised outcomes; all measured and delivered
- Very much a people person as well; champions perfection; runs workshops and impacts the bottom line
Hire for soul, not role
I consider myself to be rather lucky.
Early in my life, I worked out I wanted to do something that involved people. I’m curious by nature and am fascinated by finding out about them. Learning what makes people tick, what enables them to grow and how they develop themselves intrigues me.
I am passionate about creating experiences and practices for purpose and people to thrive.
Map achievements by city
Having spent five high performance years supporting the robust attraction, development and retention of talent within an international high-end corporate luxury hospitality business, I am now ready to gain experience in another sector.
Seeing the reality of implementing strategies from a corporate level, I believe the future of HR is in ‘leading transformational change’ and I want to understand what is important to other industries.
Performance & achievements
My initiatives have supported an increase in employee engagement levels to over 90% company-wide, reducing labour turnover by half equating to a £1.7m saving and a £7m increase in guest revenue due to heightened guest engagement.
To highlight a few:
- Led the way with setting up, testing and piloting a new automated Personal Development Plan process - an online system, which helps employees drive their own progress; 100% completion under my guidance and cultivation and 13.7% people were promoted or transferred within the group.
- Responsible for a systematic approach to attracting, recruiting and retaining highly engaged employees; Grew new careers website powered through social media channels. The result: likes and followers continued to grow 10% monthly.
- Created an energetic and exciting employer brand proposition across divisions whilst ensuring we worked toward improving awareness, communication and career development that is needed to drive business results. The result: 22% increase in applications.
- Co-designed training programme designed for first time managers that helped shape future leaders. Mid-management engagement figures increased by 3.3%.
- Headed the re-launch of new intranet communication tool with a vision to build a culture of sharing and collaboration as well as strengthen internal engagement to the company.
Dedicated to a senior career within HR
In addition to my professional activities, I have also served as a keynote and guest speaker for numerous industry summits and symposia, including Talent Bites series and the In-House Recruitment Expo.
Make hiring - and retention - everyone’s responsibility
Recognised for my motivation, dedication, trustworthiness, talent and self-discipline, I guide others on a journey towards being an authentic and effective people leader; attracting high calibre talent and delivering business success along the way.
Please get in touch with Craig at COREcruitment if you would like to learn more about me, or meet to discuss how I can add value to your business.
020 7790 2666
Latest News 100% fresh