News & Events
- Written by Craig Prentice
Operations Director/Business Development Director
Midlands or North of England (Comfortable with National & International travel)
£70-80k basic plus package
Available in 12 weeks
- Unique mix of board level operations and business development experience in sport, leisure, hospitality and entertainment.
- Passionate and energetic with a real talent for leading and inspiring teams across multiple venues to deliver outstanding service and customer attraction/retention.
- Multi-site venue operations experience leading large diverse teams.
- Successful procurement and delivery of large scale events. (50k plus people)
- Concept development, project management, new venue openings and contract start-ups.
- Proven contract winner winning millions of pounds’ worth of sports, hospitality, entertainment and conferencing businesses.
- Multi P&L knowledge, up to 12 sites and £15million in turnover.
First and foremost, I am a people person, firmly believing that success is down to having high performing people within the team. To that end I ensure that development opportunities are constant and any issues are dealt with quickly. I have turned around many poorly performing teams and developed good teams into great teams throughout my career.
There are many examples of junior staff being promoted under my tutelage to become successful senior managers and directors.
I have successfully operated some of the largest and most complex sports, leisure and entertainment venues in the UK. I specialise in generating the maximum primary and secondary income from facilities and have significantly grown usage, income and profit in all roles that I have held.
I love to win new business and have successfully won and retained millions of pounds worth of business through tendering, negotiating and sales. During my career I have won long term contracts to operate entertainment and conference venues, golf courses, sports facilities and hospitality. I have dealt with the commercial negotiations and mobilised most of the contracts that I have won. I have negotiated contract extensions in terms of both scope and length.
I have negotiated and delivered many commercial deals with national governing bodies of sport, sponsors, professional sports teams, suppliers and clients.
I deal with losses well (after the initial pain!), using feedback to make sure that the next bid or negotiation is successful.
I am equally at home in the boardroom or on the shop floor. I can develop positive and profitable relationships quickly with clients, board members, peers, staff and suppliers. I have high standards and expect the same from people that I work with. I have a natural aptitude for figures, can swiftly identify problems, trends and opportunities and implement improvement plans.
Please get in touch with Craig at COREcruitment if you would like to learn more about me, or meet to discuss how I can add value to your business.
020 7790 2666
Latest News 100% fresh