News & Events
- Written by Charli Chaplin
Our French office is based in Montpelier. Last week, together with one of my London-based French speaking colleagues, we held a recruitment event in Paris. We met with several clients and senior-level candidates, this type of event is a monthly occurrence and I am delighted to share some insights on the latest within the hospitality recruitment sector in Paris.
- It was no surprise to learn that the ‘Yellow Vest’ movements meant a decrease in sales and occupancy in the last few months of 2018. International tourism in Paris is at a near stand-still as news of the worst of the crisis is reaching the worldwide stages. A fear is rapidly growing : No customer, no business and no turnover. Yellow vests, or the paradox of broken employment.
- Brexit is a recurring subject from candidates and clients as we are all wondering what is happening and what will this mean for us? Question are asked about transportation (Ryanair, Easyjet and Eurostar for example), tourism rights and employment. I suppose not only the UK is awaiting to hear the decision.
- In 10 years, snacking has transformed the face of French restaurant industry to represent today nearly 7 meals out of 10 taken out of the home for nearly 19 billion euros of turnover with 41 000 listed establishments.
- The Co-working spaces are so trendy even the giant Accor has relaunched his brand under WoJo to allow more flexibility and development of their offering. With an ambitious roll-out plan, we should see the brand opening not only in France but across Europe in the near future.
- Whether we call it Lifestyle, Boutique Hotel or Design Hotels, the industry seems to agree that this is what people are looking for now. It is no longer only the Independent Hotelier but rather the big group opening these new generation of hotels. Welcome to Tribe by Accor, Curios by Hilton or Voco by IHG.
- An increase in the numbers of “confidential” roles we are working on. Where companies, for a number of reasons, are looking to recruit for their businesses. Normally a service we provide for director / C-Suit level this is increasingly a service we are seeing requested at mid-level management roles.
From operations to senior management and corporate support, we are happy to discuss any recruitment projects you might have.
Latest News 100% fresh